Standards & Practices
This Safe Café and our team abide by the following
Standards & Practices
We have enhanced our rigorous sanitation practices to prevent the spread of the virus
- Our staff is required to wash their hands every 30 minutes.
- Commonly used surfaces are cleaned and sanitized multiple times per hour and between meal periods.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon request.
Continuous employee training throughout the year.
We require our employees and guests to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, as recommended by the CDC.
Advising schools to arrange tables with appropriate physical distancing protocols.
We have modified our service options to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Self-service stations and offerings have been modified to minimize handling exposure.
- Utensils have been replaced with disposable options.
- High-touch items such as condiment dispensers and salt/pepper shakers have been replaced with single-use options.
- Minimize exposure from outside food in schools.
- Pre-plated meals are available for menu rotation or for convenient service in classrooms and other pop-up dining areas.
- More pre-packaged and grab and go options are available for faster and more convenient service.
- Take home and multi-day meal packs are available for at home dining, holidays, breaks and emergency service.
- Trucks will be sanitized and disinfected prior to delivery departure and throughout the day.
- Drivers will deliver product to cafes without interaction with staff at school, maintaining the 6 ft physical distancing as recommended by CDC.
- Drivers will wear PPE during their shift.
Personal Protective Equipment
Our employees abide by the recommendations for PPE by the CDC.
- All our staff is required to wear personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves.
- All staff has been trained in the process for proper wear and removal of masks and gloves.
Personal Health Monitoring
Our employees observe health requirements to help ensure the health and safety of our teams and customers.
- All employees are required to stay home if they are sick.
- Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work, and any employees in close contact with a diagnosed employee are also required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Employee temperature screening is required when employees arrive at work.
Supply Chain Continuity
Our procurement team is in consistent contact with our key suppliers.
- Contingency plans are in place and alternative suppliers have been identified in the event of a sudden or unforeseen supply disruption.