Standards & Practices
When you see the Safe Café sign, it means this location and its catering staff abide by strict standards of health and safety, as manifested by enhanced sanitation, social distancing, service modifications, PPE, and personal health monitoring.
This Safe Café and our team abide by the following
Standards & Practices
We have enhanced our rigorous sanitation practices to prevent the spread of the virus
- Hand-Washing Timers – our team members sanitize their hands a minimum of every 30 minutes.
- We are sanitizing high-touch public and back of house areas every 30 minutes.
- We are sanitizing our venues regularly with electrostatic decontamination mist.
- Employee and guest sanitation stations are available including sanitizer wipes and hand-sanitizer.
- All team members must complete a mandatory safety & sanitation training session upon returning to work.
- We have a designated Safety Champion on site for every shift to manage and oversee safety and cleaning standards and provide team member accountability.
- All chefs have completed ServSafe recertification including a new section on Covid-19 related food handling.
- We take part in a daily pre-shift meeting to communicate and reiterate safety and sanitation standards and celebrate the commitment and good work of our team is doing to keep their teammates and guests safe!
We require our employees and guests to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, as recommended by the CDC.
- Tables are arranged with appropriate physical distancing protocols.
- Plexiglass dividers are in place in service areas to protect our employees and guests.
- Our venues have adopted approved floor plans that comply with current physical distancing guidelines.
We have modified our service options to prevent the spread of the virus.
- When appropriate, we are propping open doors to limit contact for guests and staff.
- We are limiting guests at our events and venues, abiding by all C.D.C, W.H.O and current local government guidelines.
- We are providing directional signage and floor decals to promote physical distancing and safe queueing.
- We have eliminated self-serve menu options and increased grab & go options for our guests.
Personal Protective Equipment
Our employees abide by the recommendations for PPE by the CDC.
- All team members have received a supply of personal protective equipment including disposable gloves and masks (cloth washable masks & disposable masks).
- All staff has been trained in the process for proper wear and removal of masks and gloves.
- We have added protective plexi-glass and acrylic shields in our guest service areas.
Personal Health Monitoring
Our employees observe health requirements to help ensure the health and safety of our teams and customers.
- We have implemented temperature checks and wellness questionnaires for all employees upon arrival to work daily.
- All employees are required to stay home if they are sick.
- Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work, and any employees in close contact with a diagnosed employee are also required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- We have added optional temperature check resources to our approved vendors for client and guest peace of mind.
Supply Chain Continuity
Our procurement team is in consistent contact with our key suppliers.
- Contingency plans are in place and alternative suppliers have been identified in the event of a sudden or unforeseen supply disruption.