Standards & Practices
When you see the Safe Café sign, it means this location and its staff abide by strict standards of health and safety, as manifested by enhanced sanitation, social distancing, service modifications, PPE, and personal health monitoring.
This Safe Café and our team abide by the following
Standards & Practices
We have enhanced our rigorous sanitation practices to prevent the spread of the virus
- Hand-Washing Timers – our team members wash their hands a minimum of every 30 minutes.
- We are sanitizing high-touch public and back of house areas every 30 minutes.
- Nightly deep cleaning and sanitizing of the dining area and servery.
- Employee and guest sanitation stations are available including sanitizer wipes and hand-sanitizer.
- All team members must complete a mandatory safety & sanitation training session upon returning to work.
- We have a designated Safety Champion on site for every shift to manage and oversee safety and cleaning standards and provide team member accountability.
- All managers and chefs have completed ServSafe recertification including a new section on Covid-19 related food handling.
- We take part in a daily pre-shift meeting to communicate and reiterate safety and sanitation standards and celebrate the commitment and good work of our team is doing to keep their teammates and guests safe!
We require our employees and guests to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, as recommended by the CDC.
- Tables are arranged with appropriate physical distancing protocols.
- Plexiglass dividers are in place in check-out areas to protect our employees and guests.
We have modified our service options to prevent the spread of the virus.
- When appropriate, we are propping open doors to limit contact for guests and staff and have implemented single use menus and individual disposables and condiments. All reusable and/or stationary elements are washed and sanitized regularly.
- We are limiting the number of people in our restaurants and cafes and providing clear directional signage and floor decals to promote physical distancing and safe queuing.
- We have reduced the seating capacity of the dining area by 50% (or percentage that applies to your city/state) to allow for more than 6 feet of space (or measurement that applies to your city/state) between all tables.
- We have moved to cashless payments and mobile payments wherever possible.
- We have eliminated self-serve menu options and increased grab & go options for our guests.
Personal Protective Equipment
Our employees abide by the recommendations for PPE by the CDC.
- All team members receive a daily supply of personal protective equipment including disposable gloves and masks (cloth washable masks & disposable masks).
- All staff has been trained in the process for proper wear and removal of masks and gloves.
- We have added protective plexi-glass and acrylic shields into our point of purchase areas for our baristas, servers and cashiers.
Personal Health Monitoring
Our employees observe health requirements to help ensure the health and safety of our teams and customers.
- We have implemented temperature checks and wellness questionnaires for all employees upon arrival to work daily.
- All employees are required to stay home if they are sick.
- Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work, and any employees in close contact with a diagnosed employee are also required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Supply Chain Continuity
Our procurement team is in consistent contact with our key suppliers.
- Contingency plans are in place and alternative suppliers have been identified in the event of a sudden or unforeseen supply disruption.
Constellation Culinary Group has developed the following guidelines to manage the process of a phased reopening and activation